Pages

Total Pageviews

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Queen as Headmaster ©

The following is a dream I had on Monday, December 17, 2012.
    
   I dreamed I attended a university and was uncertain, at the moment, of the courses for which I was enrolled. An immense feeling of failing out of the university overcame me. During this period of pressure, I recovered the memory of already holding a degree from this institution. Calmness swept over me and finally, I understood there was no viable reason for me to continue worrying about my future. It was at this twinkling of precise rationale when my eye caught a group of people, all girls, lined up in an exacting order to initiate some sort of refinement training by instructors assigned by her majesty. The queen! My God, where is the queen?
     The new young recruits appeared anxious and timid. As I surveyed their innocent faces, I thought back to the time when I too, felt lost and scared, not knowing whether or not I would make it through my first year. I could relate to their experience and feelings. Internally, I smiled. Feelings of fear of self, self-doubt and uncertainty of what the future held were now archived thoughts, mere reminiscences that I cherished, for without them I would not have appreciated my journey’s progression. I was now a young woman, well graduated and fully integrated into my second year advanced training.
     Joining my group of peers, we quietly formed our ranks, perfectly measured lines, lines fitting to properly receive the queen and await her day’s lessons. These teachings were often delivered with a cold disposition, as we were no longer timid and naïve recruits. Though the queen expected much from us, we expected even more from ourselves. This was the way it was intended to be, a necessary mechanism, built in place for generations to come. Her majesty made her way through the ranks, drilling each and every one of us with her precise questioning, demanding equally exacting answers. There was no leeway; queens did not enjoy such a luxury.
     Somehow, I had caught her eye and soon, she had managed to weave herself through the lines of other young women such as myself, like a needle seeking its point into fabric, headed in a direct course towards me. The chill in the wind and the silence was unendurable. She had been monitoring my advancement without my noticing, as this was a skill the queen possessed by second nature. The queen’s court jester walked in and came to her side by a simple movement of her hand, the unspoken command. As she stationed herself before me, I reached for the edges of my garments which were burgundy, gold and black. Holding them as I have been trained to do so for years, I greeted her. She penetrated the sound barrier of silence by making a statement commending my well-earned advancement. In a moment, I was to join her. With a noble nod of the head, I followed her. She sat and gestured for me to take a seat. She watched me with an eagle’s eye as I did so. She expressed her content in seeing a budding queen who knew how to speak, walk and sit in a manner becoming of a queen. I thanked her highness and watched as she received news of an arrival, someone who would soon join us.
     A slightly older man than me walked in to join us. When he saw me he took my hand, an act pre-calculated and pre-approved ahead of time by the queen herself. She knew all along of this moment, and I knew that in her presence I rightly required more training. The man who arrived in the court was not any ordinary man, he was a Knight. Through prior authorization, he hugged and kissed me gently. This was the queen’s Knight, the one who a long time ago, suffered injury to save my life, the life of his queen. It was at that moment that a transformation took place and soon my memories returned- rushing back into my mind, for that queen was I. Two Queens sat and spoke of the things to come for the new recruits. My queen, her age visually prominent, a queen of a legacy’s past, expressed her concerns over the indolent outlooks of this year’s new recruits. I, the queen, a legacy of this present moment, carefully listened to the guiding voice of wisdom and reason.
www.aldtarot.com
www.etsy.com/shop/aldtarot
info@aldtarot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment