Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 18, 2013

Hierophant and the Tau Cross ©











Inspired by the following dream I wondered, what can we learn from the Hierophant? Perhaps, for a first lesson: how and why we need to release our current cross. What cross do you bear today?
     Standing before the white granite building, facing the thick glass front doors that housed the Hierophant, the young guide beside me reached into her pocket to retrieve a key, one granted solely by the Hierophant. Stepping inside, I could almost feel the cool and impeccably clean white marble floor through the soles of my shoes, a floor that shined like glass floating on water. I saw many Pages bearing crisp, clean, all black uniforms, accented with silver. Not one person was permitted to wear shoes of the outside world to walk the halls contained within. Upon immediate request, we proceeded to a tall desk and were directed to turn in our worldly shoes. Obedience was the law of the land and my guide and I promptly followed suit. In return, we were replenished with proper shoes suitable for walking the Hierophants halls, a sea of white marble glass.
     My young guide, a delightful being with an equally fitting personality, escorted me to the class room where the Hierophant stood, lecturing and reviewing the work of his pupils, the Pages. Alumni migrated about each of the class rooms to assist the Hierophant. Order permeated the house of the Hierophant and formed the very essence of his world. There was a method for walking, speaking, sitting and inquiry. The Hierophant was not a person to philosophize over which manner was correct or incorrect, for he already knew. Failure to heed the Hierophant’s code of ethics was a detriment not to your studies, but to your being, for once you graduated, you were set free, to meet the non-ethical cruel and unsheltered world that knew not of such rules for orderly conduct.
     Greeting me in a militant manner, the Hierophant, clearly the commander in chief; fit the role exquisitely. Obeying his every word, and taking great care not to insult him in any mode, I sat upon the silver chair he assigned for me. There was no one in the class room, aside from the Hierophant and my young guide. She executed a bee line into a predestined corner in the back of this room. The Hierophant, with his neatly pressed black suit, shiny black and silver shoes and neatly styled hair stood before me. I sucked in my breath as he leaned over at his waist to meet my eyes. He raised his right hand and extended his digital finger. He addressed the necessity of revisiting my past, as it held much importance and a lesson towards achieving my goal. Though perplexed by his statement, I dared not ask why. He straightened his body and motioned to my young guide, the content page, to dim the lights.
     In doing so, I felt myself taken through a vortex, landing me in the past. I saw family members, a home and friends. I saw how they occupied rooms within the home and how on a whim, my room was changed from one location to another. I saw myself exhausted, dragging a cross over my shoulders. I felt pain and anguish, yet knew my journey was far from being over. I realized the need to sever ties with those whom have, over time, added to the weight of my burden under the guise of “friendship.” I grasped the truth behind these false alliances. The effort I made to preserve these friendships significantly contributed additional weight to my cross.
     Dragging my cross, pained as I was, I saw myself arrive on a tropical island, a place where I could finally be myself. Those whom burdened me wanted to come to this island so intently, as their tireless efforts to convince me to bring them along did not cease. They watched as I roamed freely in paradise, while those so called friends secretly planned false situations that would “force” me into bringing them along. Witnessing this spectacle, I became angered. I threw the tau shaped cross off my shoulders with a force fueled by the gods as I made my way towards the white brilliant sands of the beach ahead. At last, I was able to smell the ocean, see and feel the sun and its warmth for what it truly was. A hanged man, trapped by a past, I no longer was.












 www.aldtarot.com

1 comment: